It doesn’t have to be National Peanut Butter Month (November) for us to celebrate this binge worthy treat. I mean let’s be honest who doesn’t love PB!
I’m personally obsessed with ALL nut butters, but Almond Butter (AB) is my favorite. Whenever I think of AB, it brings me back to my contest prep days, where rice cakes and nut butters were staple snacks. And when topped with slices of banana and a dash of cinnamon, it equalled HEAVEN.
If you love almond butter as much as I do, then you’re probably looking for ways to add it to everything! Thankfully, this Spice Me Up Peanut Bowl, satisfies that rich and creamy AB urge and packs a “Plant-Based” protein punch while still following the Complete in 3 Rule.
This recipe uses whole food ingredients and includes the right amount of protein, fats and fibre to keep blood sugar balanced and energy levels nice and steady. This helps with sugar cravings and overeating, without compromising taste. You can spoil the nut butter junkie in you and still make progress towards your health and weightloss goals.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
TOTAL SERVINGS: 1
TOTAL CALORIES PER SERVING: 528
MACRONUTRIENT BREAKDOWN PER SERVING: Fat 20g, Carbs 64g, Protein 30g, Fibre 11g
100g Firm Tofu (drained and cubed)
150g Sweet Potato (baked and sliced into ½ inch thick medallions)
100g Cauliflower Rice (get it from the prepped veggie section of grocery store)
100g Zucchini (chopped)
100g Mushrooms (chopped)
Cilantro for garnish
Peanut/Almond Butter Dressing:
1.5 tbsp Peanut/Almond Butter (smooth)
1 tbsp Real Maple Syrup
1 tsp minced Ginger
1 tsp minced Garlic
1 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
½ tsp Red Chili Flakes (more if you like the heat!)
Juice of ½ a Lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a pan, on medium heat, saute tofu, zucchini, mushrooms and cauliflower rice. Salt & Pepper to taste. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Add a little water, to prevent sticking to the pan while cooking. Remove and place in a serving bowl.
- Place sweet potato medallions on the pan and crisp. 1-2 min each side.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, add ingredients and whisk. Add 1 tsp of water, to start and continue to whisk until everything is combined. Use more or less water, depending on the consistency you like.
- Place sweet potato medallions around the side of the bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over top. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and Enjoy!
Nut allergy? Replace with any seed butter. Tahini (another favorite of mine) works really well. Pumpkin or sunflower seed butters are good options too.
Low carb? Swap out sweet potatoes for black bean pasta or Shirataki noodles.
More carb? Add brown rice or Quinoa.
Not into Tofu? Try it with Chicken or Beef.
Get creative! Veggie options are endless broccoli, asparagus, carrots. Eat the rainbow!
Who doesn’t love meal prep!!! Double or triple this recipe for quick easy lunches or busy evenings for dinner. Wash and chop all your veggies. Cook everything. Bake 2-3 sweet potatoes at once. Keep in storage containers. When ready, heat and assemble your bowl. This can be enjoyed warm or cold. Just add the dressing when you’re ready to eat.